|Me want Frappuccino. Me no want whip. Me want two straw!|
- Four sections
- Lunch and Snacks
- Espresso and Coffee
- Cold Beverages
- The two food sections only show eight possible selections
- There was a bowl of oatmeal listed (remember, this is for the drive-thru)
- There were no donuts on the list (what the what!?)
- The two drink sections also showed only eight items
- The only sizes listed are 'Grande' and 'Venti'; 'Tall' was, evidently, no longer available
- You want a something like a hot chocolate or an iced latte? Nope
|Mommy can I have the pancake in blackface?|
From what I read on Reuters, the change has come about because of one Clarice Turner. She is Starbucks’ senior vice president in charge of this so-called "menu makeover". The reasoning for the change was "people eat with [wait for it....] their eyes". Now, I'm no doctor, but I am pretty certain one could get serious cornea damage cramming a scone in their eye. Must be some of that 'corporate-speak' that I rarely understand. I imagine she went on to use terms like 'proactive', 'paradigm shift', and 'synergy'. It has all the markings of the classic 'solution looking for a problem' scenario (like the ergonomic stapler).
So, there it is. I predict that Starbucks store one day will have a costumed mascot to greet customers. It would be named something like 'Bucky' and look like a giant topless mermaid. Mark my words....
These will always be my favorite Starbucks anyway.